Monday, July 26, 2010

Should I put rubbing alcohol on a pimple?

I never got pimples through my teenage years. I would get very tiny whiteheads but thats it. Now I'm in my 20's. A few days ago, a huge pimple appeared on my nose. I know I'm not supposed to pick it but I couldn't help it. Now its all red. I stopped moisturizing my face and I have been trying to dry it out with alcohol. Is that going to work? If not, what will work?Should I put rubbing alcohol on a pimple?
the alcohol will dry the area you apply it to very very dry, but if you decide to use the alcohol, be sure to use a moisturizer after the pimple dries out... also, what i do is either use baking soda mixed with water into a paste, toothpaste (with baking soda) or liquid antacid (maalox, mylanta, etc.)... the antacid works best for me though... hope this helps...





KalenaShould I put rubbing alcohol on a pimple?
yes alcohol or surgical spirit is very good
Try Toothpaste
hydrogen Peroxide works well and dab it on the pimple after you washed your face. The best thing is not to pick it anymore because it will get more inflamed. Keep the area clean so it will have a chance to heal on its own is the best..
I've heard toothpaste is good.
alcohol won't work and it's bad for your skin. what you want to use is oxy-pads. something like Clearasil pads anything with at least 10%benzoylperoxide. or try a vanishing cream. hope this helps
toothpaste is good for drying them up, alcohol can work but at the same time can cause scarring. i know from experience.
Most people seem to think toothpaste will help.try it.Colgate though.Or try Ambi 10, both the soap and the cream
The best thing to do is to just leave it alone,but since u picked at it ,I would start a 3step cleansing and exfoliating routine
your a late bloomer then. HAHA. the best thing you can do is keep it clean so it won't get infected. it will go away with time.
no toothpaste
Maybe try a drop of hydrogen peroxide and let it sit for a while...or use a small bit of toothpaste.
I don't see why not. Just about everything you buy to prevent or get rid of pimples has alcohol in it. It'll dry it up.
Alcohol OOOOOOUUUUUUCCCHHH!!!! Isn't that painful????


Don't pick it either, and I've read that toothpaste ain't all that great idea. How about like Clearasil, or my son uses Clean and Clear (Johnson %26amp; Johnson). That works pretty well for him, you can find it at any drugstore.


G'luck, hon.
just leave it alone
Try toothpaste, or better yet, Wal-Mart and Family Dollar stores sell a face mask, (only about $3) it is called something like Queen Helenes Mint Julep face mask. It works really well. It also helps with shrinking your pores.
No, it pimples need your boyfriend, no alcohol.
It should. Its worked for me in the past but it does dry out your skin. I dont know which is worse.
just leave it alone. messing with it anymore than routine washing will just irritate it more, and definately no alcohol.
Alchohol will clean the area at least stop it from spreading. I use peroxide but if you want it to go fast use toothpaste
I think straight rubbing alcohol will irritate it more. There are plenty of commercial products you can try, such as Oxy and Clearasil. Or you can always just wait it out.
hi..





pls avoid althose things , and don't eat too much of oily foods





for assiatance come online gurudil is my id
no that it will just make it worse.try toothpaste
When you stop moisterizing and you use alcohol or astringents, your skin will get worse. When your face is that dry, your skin will over-produce oil to make up for it.
I use alcohol on my face when i get a zit and it works. I like to put neosporin on zits after the alcohol because it helps with reddness and possible infections from touching the area.
yes, alcohol it can be very strong it may cause an reaction so i would advise to also stop picking at it b/c of bacteria on the hands just get some white soap and wash your face everyday and night
STOP TOUCHING!
yes each product that u use has some form of alcohol in it
Try tootpaste, it dries it out and it really works, especially Colgate.
NEOSPORINE OR TRIPLE ANTIBIOTIC OINTMENT. DONT PICK IT ANYMORE ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU ARE DARK COMPLEXION BECAUSE IT WILL LEAVE A VERY DARK SCAR.ALSO REMEMBER TO DRINK WATER,WATER,WATER,WATER,HYDRATE ESPECIALLY DURING THIS HOTT SEASON.
you could use alcohol swabs,they are higher in %.just dont do it too much or too hard,just enough to dry it.If you pick at it before the head ah is white it will just bleed,get more red and bigger.Try getting in the hot shower to open the pore.I do that than take alittle safety pin and get it open.The reason is so that you wont force a hole and have to squeeze so hard.after you do that.Use alittle more alcohol and leave it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment