Friday, August 20, 2010

My son is 11 months old. I have noticed in the past week or so bits or something that almost looks like pimple

Any idea what this could be from? first it was a few on his arm, then they started to go away... now he has some on his thigh. Could this be an allergic reaction or some type of bed bug? He also has a few dry patches (almost like welps) on his back. We did switch detergant so I thought he might be allergic to that. Any info please.My son is 11 months old. I have noticed in the past week or so bits or something that almost looks like pimple
your son could possibly have worts , which have a simiilar head as to a p[imple or eczema or allergyMy son is 11 months old. I have noticed in the past week or so bits or something that almost looks like pimple
My suggestion is that it probably is a reaction to detergent, or playing outside or on the ground somewhere...kids are very sensitive....if it doesn't heal I would definitely have the doctor check it out, most of the time it will be caused by the detergents, etc...if it's really an irritated type of rash...u may need a hytrocotizone cream(spelling?!) but my guess baby doesn't even know it's there...so, it may not be bothersome to the child...i still use very lil' detergent when washing my youngest's clothes...she's 5, and try to buy a more gentle/chemical free detergent , when it's in the budget:)


good luck!!
If he doesn't seem to be uncomfortable, it isn't an allergy. It could be an itch-less rash, a reaction to temperature, or even pimples, like you said! (You see it all when you work in a nursery!) It also could just be dry skin. There is baby lotion, so use that on him and see if it helps. When he has his next doctor's appointment, mention it to his doctor--it probably isn't anything to worry about, but doctor knows best.
Baby acne is a very real thing. I have a sixteen month old son and hes had it before. Does he seem bothered by it at all? I would ask my pediatrician.
Take him to the doc and get it checked out. WIthout seeing him it is hard to say what it is. Also the dry patches that look like welts needs to be checked out so see a doc and get a diagnosis. You should be using non toxic cleaning products and laundry products in your home as many of the ones you buy in the store are registered pesticides.

No comments:

Post a Comment